Learn how to respect yourself. If you can’t respect yourself, then you can’t respect others. Decide what boundaries are important to you and respect them. Not only is this healthy for you, but you’ll also get enough practice and experience so that you’ll be familiar in this area when respecting other people’s boundaries. Understand what values are important to you and stick by them. Seek out others who honor those values because you’ll only end up hurting yourself and possibly others if those people don’t have the same values as you.
- Close relationships with other people — whether it’s a romantic relationship or an intimate friendship — teach us a lot about ourselves. Don’t be afraid to learn about yourself. If you don’t like who you are, it’s hard for other people to like you.
- Don’t judge yourself too harshly. It’s easy to hold ourselves to a really high standard sometimes, a standard that is impossible to uphold. If you’re a perfectionist, learn to be a little forgiving toward yourself.
- Don’t be afraid to be vulnerable. Everyone feels vulnerable about some things, right? Don’t be afraid to show your best friends the parts of yourself that are vulnerable. They won’t care, and if they do, they might not be the right friend for you.
- If your friends kindly point out your faults and/or suggest you make certain changes to help your friendships blossom, don’t automatically grow defensive or harbor bitter feelings against them. They are only trying to help you become a better person, and you should feel blessed to have such thoughtful friends. Also, if you improve yourself, you’ll be able to prevent future friendships from being torn apart.
- However, if your friends aren’t being very nice to you about your faults and picking on you for it, kindly let them know how you feel. If they refuse to stop, you may not want to spend as much time with them anymore.
Have fun 🙂 -at k2 ,1st Floor Cine’polis MallVibhuti, Vibhuti Khand, Gomti Nagar, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226010, India Read more– Roland Perera (@Krp1982) November 16, 2021